SOTRAFA, S.A. is a manufacturer belonging to the Armando Álvarez Group, a leader in polyethylene film and sheet processing in Spain and one of the first in Europe, with an annual production of over 300.000 tones.
Our company is based in Almería Spain, in an area which has the biggest concentration of greenhouses in the world. We actually export to 43 countries and we have experience in this sector for over 30 years.
Our activity is designed to two different sections: agricultural market development and environmental protection with our waterproofing geomembranes, used for a good water management and as insulator of polluting products and waste.
We product a Wide plastic range for Agricultural, Horticultural, Construction and Waterproofing use:
- Greenhouses and Tunnels films: with thermic properties (TRC Range and Plastermic Range) and without thermic properties (Aster Range)
- Double covers
- Small and Medium tunnels (Sotraforce Range)
- Mulching films (Sotrafilm Range)
- Films and Silage bags (Ecofilm Range, Greenbag and Siloseal)
- Films to cover cattle (Sotrabat Range)
- Waterproofing films: HDPE Geomembranes (smooth and structured), VLDPE and LLDPE, with different thickness and specially designed for applications such as: waterproofing reservoirs, lagoons, dams, channels, water treatment plants, landfills, rubbish dumps, tunnels, road, mining basins and leaching of minerals.
Our multilayer co-extrusion system using the latest technology gives us the possibility of manufacturing films between 0,013mm and 3mm in thickness and widths from 0,5m to 18,3m. We have sophisticated control systems for the manufacturing process which allow us to guarantee a uniform quality for our products, according to ISO 9001 norms.